Input Requested II

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      I need to reply to Ana Navarro of Senator Coleman's office sometime
      soon. I need your input to do so.

      A copy of her latest email can be found in message 416:

      For one thing, I'd like your ideas on how to respond to her invitation
      to provide "questions/request/suggestions [we] have for the Peace
      Corps ..."

      Also, should we contact Senator Dodd's office, as she suggested, or do
      we have enough irons in the fire for now?

      Thanks again!
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
        Is there any way you can get indication from Senator Coleman's office if RPCV - OWCP issues will be brought up in any committee, or are we not at that point yet?

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/owcp/ message/416

        For one thing, I'd like your ideas on how to respond to her invitation
        to provide "questions/request/ suggestions [we] have for the Peace
        Corps ..."

        Also, should we contact Senator Dodd's office, as she suggested, or do
        we have enough irons in the fire for now?

        Thanks again!

        Building a website is a piece of cake.
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007

          I think we should do this first and then go to Sen. Dodd's office and also to Senator Schumer, as well. I have emails from people who used to dialog with this group. Do you think I should send some personal emails to see if they are interested in signing? I would not be able to get to this until the weekend. What do you think?

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007

            Sure. If you could email those folks, it would be great: The more
            names on the letter, the better.

            So, if I understand you correctly, you would prioritize the Gregg
            letter as number one. (I tend to agree.) Once that goes out
            (probably the week of August 27), we can touch base with Senator Dodd
            about the Peace Corps legislation that he is working on. I'm not
            sure how to involve Senator Schumer at the moment, but when that
            becomes clearer, you or another New York resident will need to take
            the lead. I've been brushed off by his office once before because I
            live out of state.

            I need to touch base with Ana Navarro of Senator Coleman's office,
            too. Have you read her response to us? If so, I'd love to hear your
            reaction as well as your thoughts about what we should ask or request
            of Peace Corps.

            Thanks,

            Kevin

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
              Andy,

              Thanks for all of your support. It's truly appreciated.

              We haven't asked Senator Coleman to take anything to committee, nor
              has his office suggested that as an approach at this time.

              Here's where we are to date: Ana Navarro, Senator Coleman's Peace
              Corps liaison, had a recent meeting with Peace Corps staff during
              which she brought up some general issues that RPCVs are having with
              OWCP. Their response was lacking in my opinion. They basically
              stood by the party line that once a claim is in the hands of OWCP,
              there is nothing they can do. That's hogwash, of course, because
              they also suggested that they are a driving force behind OWCP's
              decision to be tougher in its review of RPCV claims. So much for
              Peace Corps' argument that it exerts no control over OWCP!

              Have you looked at Ana's latest email to us? If so, what questions
              or requests do you think she should take to Peace Corps on our behalf?

              Thanks again,

              Kevin

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
                Thank you Kevin for all your hard work, I live in Minnesota and will write Senator Coleman's office.