just starting the fight

  • Sarah Beutel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2004
      Hi,
      I returned from Kenya in Dec 2003. I'm in Los Angeles now and
      getting really frustrated with OWCP. For having a great experience, I
      came home in rough shape. I have active TB but it's in my lymph
      nodes, not my lungs. PC can't seem to get it through their heads that
      just because my chest x-ray is clear doesn't mean I'm healthy. I also
      have permanent liver damage from the original bout of anti-TB drugs.
      The response I got was basically "sucks to be you." It took 3 weeks
      to get a call back from OMS and that was only after I left a message
      saying I was going to infect all of greater LA with TB if they didn't
      do something. Right now I'm stuck and so am dealing with free clinics
      and a county hospital for medicine and surgery. Will this hurt my
      chances of getting my claim approved? I've gotten a lot of stuff for
      free, cuz, well, I'm broke.

      I also have neck/back injury from auto accident. I start messing with
      that next week. There's not much documented in PC files other than
      the occurance of the accident. They gave me a once over when I
      finally went in and then would only really talk about mental health
      aspects of the accident. I got the "brufen and icy hot" treatment and
      sought physical therapy on my own.

      Sarah