New Member

  • Kenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      I received notification of this site from the Lariam Support group.
      Wow, do I have a story to share. I forwarded a few of my letters and

      Basically I was on Lariam from March 2001-January 2003. I began
      feeling sick around November 2002 but it was not until December 16,
      2002 when things really took a turn for the worse.

      I passed out while riding my bike and awoke to find myself on the side
      of the road. I have no clue how long I was out and after 2 weeks of
      medical treatment in Dakar Senegal, the Peace Corps Washington decided
      to send me to DC for continual evaluation.

      Eventually I was medically seperated on February 14, 2003. I had only
      received financial compensation from February 2003 until July 2003. I
      have been contunually fighting with no luck.

      I have spent my entire savings, my 401k, ran up my credit cards
      (almost to the max), and have lived off of cash advances on my credit
      cards. Even to this day I really can not work, but I force myself to
      work to earn some money.

      The last thing Dept of Labor had done was the request for me to see a
      Shrink which I did back in February of 2007. I have yet to hear
      anything and still waiting for financial assistence and hopefully
      medical care.

      I guess we are supposed to email the moderator? If not, please let me
      know who I should send my paperwork too.

      Thanks,

      Kenn Miller