Re: Revival of thei OWCP forum: Please send your stories

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2007
      This is a great idea, Sue. Having several case histories on hand
      will be useful if Senator Coleman's staff comes back for more
      details, too.

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Sue" <sallie_ali_sue@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > if you are so inclined and have the time to do so could you please
      > provide your story describing your injury/illness, it's relation to
      > your PC service (or service to the federal government [I know not
      > everyone here is necessariy PCV]), and the quality of your care.
      This

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2007
        I am passing this on from another volunteer ("Nathan
        Hedges" <nathanthedges@...>). Since this is a
        problem more with the Peace Corps than with the OWCP, I
        don't know if it is helpful, but I thought I'd pass it on.
        For your information, the FDA and Roche (the makers of
        Lariam) warn that no one with a history of depression
        should be given the drug because of the severe
        psychological reactions to it.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15, 2007
          The following links to a discussion started by our own Nancy, and may
          be a good addition to our 'database' of stories:

          http://peacecorpsonline.org/messages/messages/2629/2015148.html

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 15, 2007

            Oh, you are a great researcher. I guess that with having had so many relapses, inbetween which I keep trying to put my life together, my struggle has been intermittent. I'm so pleased that you found this site once again and I think it is a great place in which we can add our stories. Once we have some strong ones we can gather them and I'll present them to Senator Schumer. Secretly, I wish I had know to approach Michael Moore last year.

            For someone who was trying to eliminate "extra" activities, you certainly have been active with us and I am most appreciative!

            Please everyone, do go to the link that Kevin just posted and I may try to write back to many who used to participate in this group.

            Best,
            Nancy T.

            Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.