Re: [owcp] FECA Regulations for former PCVs

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 13, 2007
      You are correct. I often point this out to volunteers who
      are trying to get medical coverage, as they often fixate
      on Lariam. My problem isn't that I don't get coverage,
      but that the Peace Corps is the largest user in the world
      of this medication and they deny that it causes problems.
      Most doctors just want to say that I have depression or
      that I'm neurotic and lazy. If the Peace Corps were to
      say "Yes, Lariam can cause long term problems" then I'd
      have better luck getting doctors to look harder at my
      problems. Luckily, my psychologist is convinced that
      Lariam has caused this weird collection of cognitive,
      emotional, vision and balance problems that I have. Does
      that make sense? Please feel free to ask more questions.
      -- Felicia