Re: [owcp] GAO Report: Long-Needed Improvements to [Peace Corps] Volunteers' Health Care

  • Sue T
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2007
      Well, it's got Inouye's name right there up at the
      top. I'll post it to the group right a way. Thanks,
      Kevin!

      ST

      http://www.gao.gov/docdblite/summary.php?rptno=NSIAD-91-

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2007
        I think it may be time for GAO to conduct a follow up study, a
        comprehensive one that investigates in depth both Peace Corps and
        OWCP. More than 15 years has elapsed since the last one, and I doubt
        services to former Volunteers have improved.

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@... wrote:
        Do you know of the huge GAO report conducted by Sen. Inouye of Hawaii
        in the later 1980's or early 1990's that found Peace Corps at fault
        for not helping volunteers navigate the OWCP system and for the
        failures of OWCP to attend to the needs of RPCVs?