Re. Senator Norm Coleman (R), Senior Senator of Minnesota

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2007

      The timing of your note about Senator Chuck Schumer is uncanny. It
      came on the heels of me learning that Senator Norm Coleman may also be
      sympathetic to our cause and willing to help. I've sent Senator
      Coleman's office an email to test the waters. I'll let you know what
      his response is.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2007
        Thanks to Senator Norm Coleman and his staff, our Group will
        officially be brought to Peace Corps' attention for the first time
        next week. I personally think that this is a step in the right
        direction. Whether it ultimately turns out to be a tiny step or a
        large one remains to be seen. It is a meaningful one nonetheless.

        This morning I received a very nice email from Jennifer Mies Lowe,
        Senator Coleman's Chief of Staff, requesting further information. I
        replied with a description of our Group and a brief statement
        outlining some of our frustrations and problems with Peace Corps,
        ACS, and OWCP.

        This afternoon I received an email from another member of Senator
        Coleman's staff. Her email follows:

        Dear Kevin,

        Thank you for passing along this information. I handle issues related
        to the Peace Corps for Senator Coleman and am happy to look into how
        the concerns that have been raised might be addressed. I will be
        meeting with Peace Corps staff early next week and will touch base
        with you after that.

        Thank you very much,
        Ana Navarro