Re: [owcp] Time to Delete the Group?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
      While I'm not able to take over the group either, I'm glad
      to know it is there. The new bit of info that I've
      learned is that it looks like the OWCP likes it if you
      have a doctor send in a referral request for each new
      doctor. I used to just send a letter informing them that
      I'd been referred to another doctor, but they seem more
      happy with something official even though they did usually
      pay the other way. I'm actually starting to see a bit of
      recovery too, which is a huge relief. I still have a
      couple years at least before I can even think of working
      again, but knowing that I'll probably get better is nice.
      -- Felicia

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
        Hi Sue, and thanks for your interest. I'm encouraged that you
        want "to manage and promote this forum" since it definitely needs the
        proverbial shot in the arm. I only have one question: Even though
        your interest lies mostly with medically-separated PCVs, you wouldn't
        exclude the rest of us, would you? By the rest of us, I mean FECA
        claimants who weren't medically separated, but rather who left PC via
        other avenues.

        I have recently been appointed to a state board (unrelated to Peace
        Corps), so I feel a need to shed a few of my other extracurricular
        activites, including this Yahoo group and my responsibilities to the
        Green Mountain (VT) Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.

        Please let me know that you think at your convenience. Either here
        or by email is fine.

        Kevin