Re: [owcp] Time to Delete the Group?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
      Sue,

      I am struggling just to keep myself afloat these days with my own health issues and trying to make a career change because of my Peace Corps illness and lack of support by OWCP, Peace Corps, etc but I was one of the first people who wanted this group. Unfortunately, these days it isn't possible for me to take it over but personally, I'd be thrilled to have someone like you there to manage it.

      Anyone else have opinions on the matter?

      Best,
      Nancy Tongue
      NYC
      Chile 1980-82

      See what's free at AOL.com.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
        While I'm not able to take over the group either, I'm glad
        to know it is there. The new bit of info that I've
        learned is that it looks like the OWCP likes it if you
        have a doctor send in a referral request for each new
        doctor. I used to just send a letter informing them that
        I'd been referred to another doctor, but they seem more
        happy with something official even though they did usually
        pay the other way. I'm actually starting to see a bit of
        recovery too, which is a huge relief. I still have a
        couple years at least before I can even think of working
        again, but knowing that I'll probably get better is nice.
        -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
          Hi Sue, and thanks for your interest. I'm encouraged that you
          want "to manage and promote this forum" since it definitely needs the
          proverbial shot in the arm. I only have one question: Even though
          your interest lies mostly with medically-separated PCVs, you wouldn't
          exclude the rest of us, would you? By the rest of us, I mean FECA
          claimants who weren't medically separated, but rather who left PC via
          other avenues.

          I have recently been appointed to a state board (unrelated to Peace
          Corps), so I feel a need to shed a few of my other extracurricular
          activites, including this Yahoo group and my responsibilities to the
          Green Mountain (VT) Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.

          Please let me know that you think at your convenience. Either here
          or by email is fine.

          Kevin