Re: [owcp] Time to Delete the Group?

  • Sue T
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 4:44 AM
      Dear Kevin:

      Hello. My name is Sue and I was med sepped. I would
      be interested in taking over the group. My interest
      would be in getting the word out about the group and
      making this forum into a supporting resource for med
      sepped pcvs -- med sep meant I was broke (I was
      stabbed two days after swearing in so my settling
      allowance was a pittance), homeless, jobless,
      physically disabled, and still unfinished with my
      education (I was using PC for credit to my master's
      program as I was a master's international student).

      I still feel PC was the coolest thing and I'm not
      bitter; however, I recognize that a lot of us
      experience things beyond our control and that results
      in us living in the Wacky Wild World of Worker's
      Compensation and the bastion of efficiency our federal
      government espouses for hard working PCVs! (No doctor
      will take me where I live b/c they won't bill OWCP --
      I have to drive 6 hours to be seen -- I may still
      require another surgery).

      OK, enough said.

      I'd be happy to manage and promote this forum. Let me
      know what you think.

      Sue Trone

      --- Kevin <rpcv@...> wrote:

      > This group is essentially dead. Is it time to
      > delete it?
      >
      > If you think the group should continue, are you
      > willing to assume to
      > role of moderator and/or owner?
      >
      > I'm curious to hear what others have to say. If I
      > get no responses by
      > the end of the month, I will delete the group
      > without further notice.
      >
      > Thanks, all!

      Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 7:55 PM
        Sue,

        I am struggling just to keep myself afloat these days with my own health issues and trying to make a career change because of my Peace Corps illness and lack of support by OWCP, Peace Corps, etc but I was one of the first people who wanted this group. Unfortunately, these days it isn't possible for me to take it over but personally, I'd be thrilled to have someone like you there to manage it.

        Anyone else have opinions on the matter?

        Best,
        Nancy Tongue
        NYC
        Chile 1980-82

        See what's free at AOL.com.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6 9:12 PM
          While I'm not able to take over the group either, I'm glad
          to know it is there. The new bit of info that I've
          learned is that it looks like the OWCP likes it if you
          have a doctor send in a referral request for each new
          doctor. I used to just send a letter informing them that
          I'd been referred to another doctor, but they seem more
          happy with something official even though they did usually
          pay the other way. I'm actually starting to see a bit of
          recovery too, which is a huge relief. I still have a
          couple years at least before I can even think of working
          again, but knowing that I'll probably get better is nice.
          -- Felicia

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10 2:21 PM
            Hi Sue, and thanks for your interest. I'm encouraged that you
            want "to manage and promote this forum" since it definitely needs the
            proverbial shot in the arm. I only have one question: Even though
            your interest lies mostly with medically-separated PCVs, you wouldn't
            exclude the rest of us, would you? By the rest of us, I mean FECA
            claimants who weren't medically separated, but rather who left PC via
            other avenues.

            I have recently been appointed to a state board (unrelated to Peace
            Corps), so I feel a need to shed a few of my other extracurricular
            activites, including this Yahoo group and my responsibilities to the
            Green Mountain (VT) Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.

            Please let me know that you think at your convenience. Either here
            or by email is fine.

            Kevin