Time to Delete the Group?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
      This group is essentially dead. Is it time to delete it?

      If you think the group should continue, are you willing to assume to
      role of moderator and/or owner?

      I'm curious to hear what others have to say. If I get no responses by
      the end of the month, I will delete the group without further notice.

      Thanks, all!
    • Sue T
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
        Dear Kevin:

        Hello. My name is Sue and I was med sepped. I would
        be interested in taking over the group. My interest
        would be in getting the word out about the group and
        making this forum into a supporting resource for med
        sepped pcvs -- med sep meant I was broke (I was
        stabbed two days after swearing in so my settling
        allowance was a pittance), homeless, jobless,
        physically disabled, and still unfinished with my
        education (I was using PC for credit to my master's
        program as I was a master's international student).

        I still feel PC was the coolest thing and I'm not
        bitter; however, I recognize that a lot of us
        experience things beyond our control and that results
        in us living in the Wacky Wild World of Worker's
        Compensation and the bastion of efficiency our federal
        government espouses for hard working PCVs! (No doctor
        will take me where I live b/c they won't bill OWCP --
        I have to drive 6 hours to be seen -- I may still
        require another surgery).

        OK, enough said.

        I'd be happy to manage and promote this forum. Let me
        know what you think.

        Sue Trone

        --- Kevin <rpcv@...> wrote:

        > This group is essentially dead. Is it time to
        > delete it?
        >
        > If you think the group should continue, are you
        > willing to assume to
        > role of moderator and/or owner?
        >
        > I'm curious to hear what others have to say. If I
        > get no responses by
        > the end of the month, I will delete the group
        > without further notice.
        >
        > Thanks, all!

        Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
          Sue,

          I am struggling just to keep myself afloat these days with my own health issues and trying to make a career change because of my Peace Corps illness and lack of support by OWCP, Peace Corps, etc but I was one of the first people who wanted this group. Unfortunately, these days it isn't possible for me to take it over but personally, I'd be thrilled to have someone like you there to manage it.

          Anyone else have opinions on the matter?

          Best,
          Nancy Tongue
          NYC
          Chile 1980-82

          See what's free at AOL.com.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
            While I'm not able to take over the group either, I'm glad
            to know it is there. The new bit of info that I've
            learned is that it looks like the OWCP likes it if you
            have a doctor send in a referral request for each new
            doctor. I used to just send a letter informing them that
            I'd been referred to another doctor, but they seem more
            happy with something official even though they did usually
            pay the other way. I'm actually starting to see a bit of
            recovery too, which is a huge relief. I still have a
            couple years at least before I can even think of working
            again, but knowing that I'll probably get better is nice.
            -- Felicia

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
              Hi Sue, and thanks for your interest. I'm encouraged that you
              want "to manage and promote this forum" since it definitely needs the
              proverbial shot in the arm. I only have one question: Even though
              your interest lies mostly with medically-separated PCVs, you wouldn't
              exclude the rest of us, would you? By the rest of us, I mean FECA
              claimants who weren't medically separated, but rather who left PC via
              other avenues.

              I have recently been appointed to a state board (unrelated to Peace
              Corps), so I feel a need to shed a few of my other extracurricular
              activites, including this Yahoo group and my responsibilities to the
              Green Mountain (VT) Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.

              Please let me know that you think at your convenience. Either here
              or by email is fine.

              Kevin