lawyer?

  • Heidi Fassnacht
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15 6:55 AM
      has anyone had any luck talking to a lawyer? i don't
      want to sue or anything, i just want to get a better
      sense for what my rights are at this point. has anyone
      found a lawyer who actually seems to know (ie. knows
      more than we do?)

      i haven't filed any claims in a while and don't know
      if it has been too long. since i don't have great
      supporting documentation (ie. notes from a MD) in the
      interim, i'm not sure if i can even reasonably expect
      any coverage at this point, even though i have never
      stopped my care (just been paying out of pocket).

      i'm in vermont. when i looked into this same question
      in wisconsin, i found a lot of state workers comp
      lawyers, but found no federal ones locally.

      thanks for any thoughts.
      heidi

      "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Donald Weaks
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15 9:21 AM
        You are absolutely correct, I talked to a workers'
        comp lawyer last week and he just shrugged his
        shoulders saying if you don't have a doctor willing to
        go to bat for you it is a lost cause with the DOL, I
        got the same sort of response when I talked to the
        lawyers that work for the Office of Inspector General,
        basically they ended up telling me they work to
        protect the Peace Corps and not former volunteers and
        if I had a problem go find a lawyer.

        HELP FIGHT HIV and AIDS in AFRICA. Vist our website at www.aedtogo.org and make a tax deductible contribution to: Hope Through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

        http://mail.yahoo.com