Re: [owcp] Letter to Senator Mark Dayton

  • Heidi Fassnacht
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
      Kriste,

      Good for you! Great letter. Please do let us know
      what comes of this.

      Heidi

      "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Heidi Fassnacht
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
        has anyone had any luck talking to a lawyer? i don't
        want to sue or anything, i just want to get a better
        sense for what my rights are at this point. has anyone
        found a lawyer who actually seems to know (ie. knows
        more than we do?)

        i haven't filed any claims in a while and don't know
        if it has been too long. since i don't have great
        supporting documentation (ie. notes from a MD) in the
        interim, i'm not sure if i can even reasonably expect
        any coverage at this point, even though i have never
        stopped my care (just been paying out of pocket).

        i'm in vermont. when i looked into this same question
        in wisconsin, i found a lot of state workers comp
        lawyers, but found no federal ones locally.

        thanks for any thoughts.
        heidi

        "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Donald Weaks
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
          You are absolutely correct, I talked to a workers'
          comp lawyer last week and he just shrugged his
          shoulders saying if you don't have a doctor willing to
          go to bat for you it is a lost cause with the DOL, I
          got the same sort of response when I talked to the
          lawyers that work for the Office of Inspector General,
          basically they ended up telling me they work to
          protect the Peace Corps and not former volunteers and
          if I had a problem go find a lawyer.

          HELP FIGHT HIV and AIDS in AFRICA. Vist our website at www.aedtogo.org and make a tax deductible contribution to: Hope Through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

          http://mail.yahoo.com