RE: [owcp] Letter to Senator Mark Dayton

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
      Contact the Peace Corps and tell them you want to file a
      FECA claim. They will send you all the paperwork. --
      Felicia

      > thanks for the letter. BTW how do you get into the system.
      > My doctor thinks that my condition is related to some
      > asbestos that I inhaled during my PCV days.
      >
      > do you know who I could contact or how to start the
      > process?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Chuck Fleischner
      > Santa Fe NM Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail

      > 9; compensation
      > Marine corps
      > Peace
      > Owcp
      > Volunteerism
      > Corps
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > Visit your group "owcp" on the web.
      > Terms of Service.

    • Heidi Fassnacht
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
        Kriste,

        Good for you! Great letter. Please do let us know
        what comes of this.

        Heidi

        "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Heidi Fassnacht
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
          has anyone had any luck talking to a lawyer? i don't
          want to sue or anything, i just want to get a better
          sense for what my rights are at this point. has anyone
          found a lawyer who actually seems to know (ie. knows
          more than we do?)

          i haven't filed any claims in a while and don't know
          if it has been too long. since i don't have great
          supporting documentation (ie. notes from a MD) in the
          interim, i'm not sure if i can even reasonably expect
          any coverage at this point, even though i have never
          stopped my care (just been paying out of pocket).

          i'm in vermont. when i looked into this same question
          in wisconsin, i found a lot of state workers comp
          lawyers, but found no federal ones locally.

          thanks for any thoughts.
          heidi

          "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Donald Weaks
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
            You are absolutely correct, I talked to a workers'
            comp lawyer last week and he just shrugged his
            shoulders saying if you don't have a doctor willing to
            go to bat for you it is a lost cause with the DOL, I
            got the same sort of response when I talked to the
            lawyers that work for the Office of Inspector General,
            basically they ended up telling me they work to
            protect the Peace Corps and not former volunteers and
            if I had a problem go find a lawyer.

            HELP FIGHT HIV and AIDS in AFRICA. Vist our website at www.aedtogo.org and make a tax deductible contribution to: Hope Through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

            http://mail.yahoo.com