RE: [owcp] Letter to Senator Mark Dayton

  • CHARLES FLEISCHNER
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006

      thanks for the letter. BTW how do you get into the system. My doctor thinks that my condition is related to some asbestos that I inhaled during my PCV days.

      do you know who I could contact or how to start the process?

      Thanks

      Chuck Fleischner

      Santa Fe NM

      Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
        Contact the Peace Corps and tell them you want to file a
        FECA claim. They will send you all the paperwork. --
        Felicia

        > thanks for the letter. BTW how do you get into the system.
        > My doctor thinks that my condition is related to some
        > asbestos that I inhaled during my PCV days.
        >
        > do you know who I could contact or how to start the
        > process?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Chuck Fleischner
        > Santa Fe NM Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail

        > 9; compensation
        > Marine corps
        > Peace
        > Owcp
        > Volunteerism
        > Corps
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > Visit your group "owcp" on the web.
        > Terms of Service.

      • Heidi Fassnacht
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
          Kriste,

          Good for you! Great letter. Please do let us know
          what comes of this.

          Heidi

          "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Heidi Fassnacht
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
            has anyone had any luck talking to a lawyer? i don't
            want to sue or anything, i just want to get a better
            sense for what my rights are at this point. has anyone
            found a lawyer who actually seems to know (ie. knows
            more than we do?)

            i haven't filed any claims in a while and don't know
            if it has been too long. since i don't have great
            supporting documentation (ie. notes from a MD) in the
            interim, i'm not sure if i can even reasonably expect
            any coverage at this point, even though i have never
            stopped my care (just been paying out of pocket).

            i'm in vermont. when i looked into this same question
            in wisconsin, i found a lot of state workers comp
            lawyers, but found no federal ones locally.

            thanks for any thoughts.
            heidi

            "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Donald Weaks
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2006
              You are absolutely correct, I talked to a workers'
              comp lawyer last week and he just shrugged his
              shoulders saying if you don't have a doctor willing to
              go to bat for you it is a lost cause with the DOL, I
              got the same sort of response when I talked to the
              lawyers that work for the Office of Inspector General,
              basically they ended up telling me they work to
              protect the Peace Corps and not former volunteers and
              if I had a problem go find a lawyer.

              HELP FIGHT HIV and AIDS in AFRICA. Vist our website at www.aedtogo.org and make a tax deductible contribution to: Hope Through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

              http://mail.yahoo.com