Re: [owcp] Advice

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2006
      I'm sorry you're going through this. I had bovine tuberculosis in my lymph nodes from unpasteurized milk and it took ages to get a diagnosis. I was in the same boat as you. Ultimately, I borrowed lots of money and paid out of pocket to just get diagnosed and then fought the battle to get reimbursed. Eventually, I got the majority of it back.

      My diagnosis battle was many years ago and the system has changed so I wonder if anyone else out there has an idea? I would think that if you could upfront the money and you are a very recent returnee that you could get them to reimburse but I also know how hard it is to have no money with which to do that. If you are recently returned, do you have an interim policy as a RPCV? We didn't have that option when I returned but I think it now does exist?

      Anyone else with ideas?

      Nancy T.
      NYC
      Say, are there any other New Yorkers out there?
    • Scott & Melody Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2006

        I just received back pay from S ocial S ecurity for Disability due to  no fault of my own.  My doctors are saying I may never work again anywhere.  Workers Compensation has been dragging their feet and all I can do is give this to GOD.

        God bless you and your family,

        Melody Johson