Re: [owcp] Re: making a feca claim

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
      So sorry you are having to deal with a post service health issue.

      I think it is important to have an evaluation by a doctor as without that, it is nearly impossible to even file a claim - kind of a chicken or the egg deal. But if you have that, they you will have a practitioner who can complete her/his part of the filing of the claim, if need be. I filed mine so long ago I'm not clear on the details but doing things in the proper order actually is important. And in doing that, it can expedite the claim. What state are you in? Just keep ALL receipts related to anything you pay out of pocket and keep detailed records on your computer or calendar so that you know what conversations happened when and so forth so that you can detail that down the road. It is probably worth paying up front for this initial evaluation just in order to get your claim going and worth getting some kind of claim going in case you end up having a medical problem down the road (which I hope you don't have.)

      There are quite a few of us out here who can try to guide you in the process.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        I'd suggest calling the Peace Corps's post service medical
        unit and asking for their information packet on filing a
        worker's comp claim. It covers most things. -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. Yes, it is a
          long process. Since you already have insurance, they may
          be able to cover some of it. -- Felicia