Re: Any suggestions?

  • John Caldeira
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 4:41 AM
      Jan,

      It seems you are on the right track by trying to document the causal
      relationship between your PC service and your injury. That is
      probably essential for most claims.

      Insurance claims employees attempt to apply existing law to the
      information the claimant provides to make their benefits
      determination. Claimants can make this process easier for the
      insurance provider by understanding the law or policy, to be sure the
      claim is presented in a way that clearly falls in the area that is
      due compensation. I found it useful to read the actual Federal
      Workers Compensation Act.

      Asking your congressional representative's office for help should be
      a last resort, as Kevin suggests.

      I've added a few links in the 'Links' section of this Yahoo group:

      1. The Federal Employees' Compensation Act -- This is the legal code
      that covers PC volunteers
      http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/5/pIIIspGch81schI.html

      2. OWCP Home Page -- Division of Federal Employees' Compensation
      http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/owcp/fecacont.htm

      Cheers,
      John

      P.S.: I learned of this yahoo group from a message that someone
      posted to my local RPCV group.