Re: [owcp] Help & Guidance Requested Regarding Filing OWCP

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
      Please tell me you have seen a lawyer about this. -- Felicia

      > I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
      > in
      > September of 2004 triggered by the abuse and hostile work
      > site at
      > EPA Seattle, WA. I did not file a OWCP claim and now I am
      > unemployed forced out due to denial of reasonable
      > accomodation to
      > work away from my former abuser "Quid Pro Quo", Physically
      > Threatening me, publicly humiliating me. Retaliation by
      > EPA for
      > filling a formal complaint removal of my job and denied
      > reasonable
      > accomodation to work away from my former abuser supervsior
      > in a safe
      > work site. I was forced to resign from EPA after 18 years
      > civil
      > service outstanding employee and 11 years EPA seattle.
      > EPA sent me
      > a letter stating they would place me on AWOL and fire me.
      > I applied
      > for unemployment and EPA denied me. I appealed and won
      > unemployment. My unemployment runs out in the middle of
      > Nov 05.
      >
      > I have 4 medical providers stating I was injured on the
      > job but I
      > did not know I should have filed OWCP within 30 days. Any
      > suggestions are much appreciated. My case is with EEOC in
      > Seattle
      > and will most likely take another year.
      >
      > GOD BLESS YOU ALL
      > Melody Johnson

    • Scott & Melody Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
        Yes, I have an attorney.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
          I've never found a lawyer who knew as much as I did. Has anyone found that a useful route or a good lawyer re: OWCP? Just curious.

          Nancy
        • Donald Weaks
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
            Great question, let me know what you find.

            Visit our website at www.aedtogo.org or make your tax deductible contribution to: Hope through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
              My response about the lawyer was less for owcp and more
              because having to quit your job because someone is
              hassling you sounds like it is probably a legal matter.
              -- Felicia

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
                In a message dated 9/15/2005 3:42:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, felicia@... writes:

                My response about the lawyer was less for owcp and more
                because having to quit your job because someone is
                hassling you sounds like it is probably a legal matter.
                -- Felicia

                Felicia,
                Yes, you are right about that. Didn't mean to dismiss the idea!