Help & Guidance Requested Regarding Filing OWCP

  • immelodyone
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2005
      I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in
      September of 2004 triggered by the abuse and hostile work site at
      EPA Seattle, WA. I did not file a OWCP claim and now I am
      unemployed forced out due to denial of reasonable accomodation to
      work away from my former abuser "Quid Pro Quo", Physically
      Threatening me, publicly humiliating me. Retaliation by EPA for
      filling a formal complaint removal of my job and denied reasonable
      accomodation to work away from my former abuser supervsior in a safe
      work site. I was forced to resign from EPA after 18 years civil
      service outstanding employee and 11 years EPA seattle. EPA sent me
      a letter stating they would place me on AWOL and fire me. I applied
      for unemployment and EPA denied me. I appealed and won
      unemployment. My unemployment runs out in the middle of Nov 05.

      I have 4 medical providers stating I was injured on the job but I
      did not know I should have filed OWCP within 30 days. Any
      suggestions are much appreciated. My case is with EEOC in Seattle
      and will most likely take another year.

      GOD BLESS YOU ALL
      Melody Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
        Please tell me you have seen a lawyer about this. -- Felicia

        > I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
        > in
        > September of 2004 triggered by the abuse and hostile work
        > site at
        > EPA Seattle, WA. I did not file a OWCP claim and now I am
        > unemployed forced out due to denial of reasonable
        > accomodation to
        > work away from my former abuser "Quid Pro Quo", Physically
        > Threatening me, publicly humiliating me. Retaliation by
        > EPA for
        > filling a formal complaint removal of my job and denied
        > reasonable
        > accomodation to work away from my former abuser supervsior
        > in a safe
        > work site. I was forced to resign from EPA after 18 years
        > civil
        > service outstanding employee and 11 years EPA seattle.
        > EPA sent me
        > a letter stating they would place me on AWOL and fire me.
        > I applied
        > for unemployment and EPA denied me. I appealed and won
        > unemployment. My unemployment runs out in the middle of
        > Nov 05.
        >
        > I have 4 medical providers stating I was injured on the
        > job but I
        > did not know I should have filed OWCP within 30 days. Any
        > suggestions are much appreciated. My case is with EEOC in
        > Seattle
        > and will most likely take another year.
        >
        > GOD BLESS YOU ALL
        > Melody Johnson

      • Scott & Melody Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
          Yes, I have an attorney.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
            I've never found a lawyer who knew as much as I did. Has anyone found that a useful route or a good lawyer re: OWCP? Just curious.

            Nancy
          • Donald Weaks
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
              Great question, let me know what you find.

              Visit our website at www.aedtogo.org or make your tax deductible contribution to: Hope through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
                My response about the lawyer was less for owcp and more
                because having to quit your job because someone is
                hassling you sounds like it is probably a legal matter.
                -- Felicia

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
                  In a message dated 9/15/2005 3:42:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, felicia@... writes:

                  My response about the lawyer was less for owcp and more
                  because having to quit your job because someone is
                  hassling you sounds like it is probably a legal matter.
                  -- Felicia

                  Felicia,
                  Yes, you are right about that. Didn't mean to dismiss the idea!