Re. Subcommittee Letter (was Re: New to the Group)

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2005
      Lauralee,

      Thanks for your comments.

      I've been grappling with the issue of examples since I wrote the
      first draft of the letter. I purposely left them out of that draft
      because I didn't want all of them to come from my personal
      experience. I plan to include some examples in the next draft,
      primarily drawing them from critiques that I've received from group
      members. However, I don't feel that I can include all of the
      examples that I've received, so I'll try to include ones that seem
      most universal.

      If you and others feel strongly that more of your experiences,
      issues, complaints, etc. need to be included, what do you think of
      allowing an addendum for each signatory to briefly address his or
      her story? Preparing an addendum would be optional, of course, and
      each signatory could decide whether to opt in or opt out.

      I apologize for not getting the second draft written in a timely
      fashion. I had anticipated it being done by know, but my schedule
      has not been cooperating. My new goal for completion is early in
      September. (I'll be out of town for about 10 days starting later
      this week.)

      Kevin

      P.S. Lauralee, and everyone: Your comments and suggestions about
      examples (and anything else) are welcome, as always. Although I've
      taken the lead with the letter, it is a group effort. Thanks!

    • Donald Weaks
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2005
        Kevin, I have been reading your correspondence but I have not added any examples because I have sent OMS a letter asking (demanding) a critical review of my case before 1 September. If nothing happens by then, I will have examples to add to your letter. I also plan to contact the OIG after 1 September. Good luck and have a safe trip. Don

        Visit our website at www.aedtogo.org or make your tax deductible contribution to: Hope through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Janice Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 21, 2005
          Jan Williams

> [...]
          >> Target who charged $80 for the pills, yet work comp only paid
          > around
          >> $73 for the med).
          >>
          >> - There is no set procedure for filing an appeal. Yes, you can
          >> resubmit with a letter, but they never clearly state why it has
          > been
          >> rejected and what you can do so that you can be paid.
          >>
          >> Those are the examples I could think of off the top of my head
          > that
          >> I have dealt with. I'm sure I could come with many more, given
          > more
          >> time. I will gladly have my name attached to this letter. It is
          >> nice to know that I am not alone in my frustrations, though I'm
          > very
          >> sorry that all you are going through this too...it's just no fun!
          >>
          >> My info for the letter: I am from Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

          This sounds good to me , too. Jan Williams