Re: [owcp] Re: Invitation to join the owcp group

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2005
      Rick,
      Welcome to our group and I'm sorry it has to be under unfortunate circumstances. I have been through a very similar journey healthwise and government-wise. I like your insight into the "agenda" and have always been fairly well convinced of the same. And key to our situations is that we don't have the option of returning to our "agencies" - something I've actually never seen addressed before.

      I appreciate your sharing your personal background and your helpful suggestions for the benefit of others.

      For the group, the quote Rick used to which I'm referring is as follows:

      "I hypothesis, that OWCP has an
      unsavory AGENDA TO DENY as many FEDERAL WORKERS Comp Cases as
      possible (even if they have to `cook the books' to do so)?  They
      probably figure that this may not be such a bad thing.  After all, if
      a FEDERAL WORKER (and there are a relatively very few of us injured
      Peace Corps Workers lumped-in with perhaps 1,000 of other injured
      federal workers) is denied his/her claim, he/she can always go back
      to work, injured or not, and start the process to get a disability
      retirement (i.e., if they are still injured), and then every thing
      will work out hunky-dory.  But unlike Federal Workers, injured Peace
      Corps VOLUNTEERS do not have this return-to-work option."

      Stay in touch with us, Rick.

      Best,