Re: [owcp] Re: Subcommittee Letter

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 12:28 AM
      Do you think that everyone knows who the PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Office) is? I know that I had major problems with them in the early years and that many of our problems begin due to lack of support by the Peace Corps. Maybe it is just that many of us have moved on to where we are now stuck with OWCP. But perhaps the PCMO needs an additional line to further explain where they let us down? Just a  thought.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1 7:53 AM
        I totally agree with that. I had to deal with all kinds
        of BS from them. Also, does the letter explain what PCMO
        means? I didn't remember seeing it and Peace Corps
        abbreviations are notoriously difficult for outsiders. --
        Felicia

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2 7:50 AM
          I assume that people in this group either know what PCMO is or will ask.

          In the letter, however, I made no such assumption. I tried to use the
          full name of agencies at least once before referring to them by
          abbreviation. If I slipped up, please let me know.

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2 7:57 AM
            Nancy and Felicia,

            I'd be happy to add another line about PCMO and how it fails RPCVs.
            Would you care to take a stab at the wording? I'd appreciate it.
            Thanks.