Re: Subcommittee Letter

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
      Fair enough. If the letter doesn't fit your situation and you're not
      comfortable signing it, that's cool. I did mention PCMO, but you're
      right that the main target is OWCP. Read the letter again at your
      leisure and let me know. I doubt that I'll even attempt a rewrite
      until the week of July 11.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        Do you think that everyone knows who the PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Office) is? I know that I had major problems with them in the early years and that many of our problems begin due to lack of support by the Peace Corps. Maybe it is just that many of us have moved on to where we are now stuck with OWCP. But perhaps the PCMO needs an additional line to further explain where they let us down? Just a  thought.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
          I totally agree with that. I had to deal with all kinds
          of BS from them. Also, does the letter explain what PCMO
          means? I didn't remember seeing it and Peace Corps
          abbreviations are notoriously difficult for outsiders. --

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
            I assume that people in this group either know what PCMO is or will ask.

            In the letter, however, I made no such assumption. I tried to use the
            full name of agencies at least once before referring to them by
            abbreviation. If I slipped up, please let me know.

            Kevin

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
              Nancy and Felicia,

              I'd be happy to add another line about PCMO and how it fails RPCVs.
              Would you care to take a stab at the wording? I'd appreciate it.
              Thanks.