Re: Subcommittee Letter

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
      Felicia,

      Have you read the subcommittee letter? If so, I'd appreciate any
      comments that you may have. Also, are you interested in and/or willing
      to sign the letter? Thanks.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        I have read the subcommittee letter. My main concern is
        that it doesn't reflect my case that much. I haven't had
        that much trouble with the OWCP. My problems have all
        been with the Peace Corps' lack of desire to help Lariam
        sufferers or even return calls from my OWCP-assigned
        nurse. When did you want to send the letter out? I'll
        have to read the letter again. -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
          Fair enough. If the letter doesn't fit your situation and you're not
          comfortable signing it, that's cool. I did mention PCMO, but you're
          right that the main target is OWCP. Read the letter again at your
          leisure and let me know. I doubt that I'll even attempt a rewrite
          until the week of July 11.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
            Do you think that everyone knows who the PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Office) is? I know that I had major problems with them in the early years and that many of our problems begin due to lack of support by the Peace Corps. Maybe it is just that many of us have moved on to where we are now stuck with OWCP. But perhaps the PCMO needs an additional line to further explain where they let us down? Just a  thought.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
              I totally agree with that. I had to deal with all kinds
              of BS from them. Also, does the letter explain what PCMO
              means? I didn't remember seeing it and Peace Corps
              abbreviations are notoriously difficult for outsiders. --
              Felicia

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                I assume that people in this group either know what PCMO is or will ask.

                In the letter, however, I made no such assumption. I tried to use the
                full name of agencies at least once before referring to them by
                abbreviation. If I slipped up, please let me know.

                Kevin

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Nancy and Felicia,

                  I'd be happy to add another line about PCMO and how it fails RPCVs.
                  Would you care to take a stab at the wording? I'd appreciate it.