Re: [owcp] Re: Thoughts on the [Reeder] letter

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2005
      I would have sworn that the comment about the VA was in
      the subcommittee letter. Sorry! -- Felicia

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        Felicia,

        Have you read the subcommittee letter? If so, I'd appreciate any
        comments that you may have. Also, are you interested in and/or willing
        to sign the letter? Thanks.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
          I have read the subcommittee letter. My main concern is
          that it doesn't reflect my case that much. I haven't had
          that much trouble with the OWCP. My problems have all
          been with the Peace Corps' lack of desire to help Lariam
          sufferers or even return calls from my OWCP-assigned
          nurse. When did you want to send the letter out? I'll
          have to read the letter again. -- Felicia

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
            Fair enough. If the letter doesn't fit your situation and you're not
            comfortable signing it, that's cool. I did mention PCMO, but you're
            right that the main target is OWCP. Read the letter again at your
            leisure and let me know. I doubt that I'll even attempt a rewrite
            until the week of July 11.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
              Do you think that everyone knows who the PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Office) is? I know that I had major problems with them in the early years and that many of our problems begin due to lack of support by the Peace Corps. Maybe it is just that many of us have moved on to where we are now stuck with OWCP. But perhaps the PCMO needs an additional line to further explain where they let us down? Just a  thought.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
                I totally agree with that. I had to deal with all kinds
                of BS from them. Also, does the letter explain what PCMO
                means? I didn't remember seeing it and Peace Corps
                abbreviations are notoriously difficult for outsiders. --
                Felicia

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                  I assume that people in this group either know what PCMO is or will ask.

                  In the letter, however, I made no such assumption. I tried to use the
                  full name of agencies at least once before referring to them by
                  abbreviation. If I slipped up, please let me know.

                  Kevin

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Nancy and Felicia,

                    I'd be happy to add another line about PCMO and how it fails RPCVs.
                    Would you care to take a stab at the wording? I'd appreciate it.