Re: [owcp] Draft Letter to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections

  • Heidi Fassnacht
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
      kevin,

      i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
      05055, adding another state to the list.

      one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
      second quick lookover of the letter, is something
      about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
      to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
      they may have approved your request, but you would
      never know about it because they don't tell you; you
      have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
      have been told that i have been approved for coverage
      or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
      on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
      me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
      gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
      once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
      examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
      was still authorized for medical compensation. i
      realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
      phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
      needless to say, this is not a very empowering
      position.

      enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...

      heidi

      "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
        Am I the only one who got a nurse to help with my
        rehabilitation? She has been the interface between me and
        the OWCP. I got a letter when my claim was approved.
        About a month after my CA-7 was approved and I got my
        compensation check, I got a call from the OWCP saying they
        were assigning a nurse to me. She has been hugely
        helpful. I assumed that getting a nurse was just standard
        procedure. Perhaps that is only the case because I am
        completely unable to work? -- Felicia

        > kevin,
        >
        > i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
        > 05055, adding another state to the list.
        >
        > one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
        > second quick lookover of the letter, is something
        > about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
        > to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
        > they may have approved your request, but you would
        > never know about it because they don't tell you; you
        > have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
        > have been told that i have been approved for coverage
        > or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
        > on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
        > me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
        > gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
        > once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
        > examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
        > was still authorized for medical compensation. i
        > realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
        > phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
        > needless to say, this is not a very empowering
        > position.
        >
        > enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...
        >
        > heidi
        >
        > "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what
        > we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John
        > Sawhill

      • Janice Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2005
          Jan Williams

          > Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
          > planning to sign the letter?
          >
          > --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:
          >
          >> Here's my zip code 01571
          >> jan williams