Re: Draft Letter to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2005
      Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
      planning to sign the letter?

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:

      > Here's my zip code 01571
      > jan williams
    • Heidi Fassnacht
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
        kevin,

        i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
        05055, adding another state to the list.

        one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
        second quick lookover of the letter, is something
        about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
        to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
        they may have approved your request, but you would
        never know about it because they don't tell you; you
        have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
        have been told that i have been approved for coverage
        or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
        on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
        me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
        gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
        once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
        examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
        was still authorized for medical compensation. i
        realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
        phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
        needless to say, this is not a very empowering
        position.

        enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...

        heidi

        "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

        Yahoo! Sports
        http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
          Am I the only one who got a nurse to help with my
          rehabilitation? She has been the interface between me and
          the OWCP. I got a letter when my claim was approved.
          About a month after my CA-7 was approved and I got my
          compensation check, I got a call from the OWCP saying they
          were assigning a nurse to me. She has been hugely
          helpful. I assumed that getting a nurse was just standard
          procedure. Perhaps that is only the case because I am
          completely unable to work? -- Felicia

          > kevin,
          >
          > i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
          > 05055, adding another state to the list.
          >
          > one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
          > second quick lookover of the letter, is something
          > about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
          > to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
          > they may have approved your request, but you would
          > never know about it because they don't tell you; you
          > have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
          > have been told that i have been approved for coverage
          > or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
          > on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
          > me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
          > gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
          > once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
          > examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
          > was still authorized for medical compensation. i
          > realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
          > phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
          > needless to say, this is not a very empowering
          > position.
          >
          > enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...
          >
          > heidi
          >
          > "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what
          > we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John
          > Sawhill

        • Janice Williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2005
            Jan Williams

            > Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
            > planning to sign the letter?
            >
            > --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:
            >
            >> Here's my zip code 01571
            >> jan williams