Draft Letter

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2005

      I am very impressed with your letter and feel it is excellent! Thank you for getting this done. It is superb as it stands but I wonder if it should be stated that many of us have had to work extremely hard to obtain what we deserve or what is our right, if we are successful in obtaining these services at all. That may be too strong to add in here. Just a thought.

      I also wonder if it is worth trying to get this out to the various RCPV regional groups to see if they have members who wish to sign. I also think a copy should go to Kevin Quigley and certainly to Velasquez, who thus far has never responded to my correspondence.

      Anyway, congratulations! This is a great step in regaining our voices.

      How do we go about signing? And just FYI my zip code is: 10128

      Best,
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2005

        Thanks for your kind words. I will consider your suggestions when I
        write the next draft and see if I can incorporate them.

        Once I get enough people committed to signing the letter (10
        minimum?), I will devise a mechanism for obtaining signatures. To
        date, I have four people who have indicated that they will sign the
        letter. All are from different states (OR, CA, NY, and NH), which is
        nice.

        Kevin

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@a... wrote:
        > Kevin,
        >
        > I am very impressed with your letter and feel it is excellent!
        Thank you for
        > getting this done. It is superb as it stands but I wonder if it
        should be
        > stated that many of us have had to work extremely hard to obtain
        what we deserve
        > or what is our right, if we are successful in obtaining these
        services at all.
        > That may be too strong to add in here. Just a thought.
        >
        > I also wonder if it is worth trying to get this out to the various
        RCPV
        > regional groups to see if they have members who wish to sign. I
        also think a copy
        > should go to Kevin Quigley and certainly to Velasquez, who thus far
        has never
        > responded to my correspondence.
        >
        > Anyway, congratulations! This is a great step in regaining our
        voices.

        > How do we go about signing? And just FYI my zip code is: 10128
        >
        > Best,
        > Nancy
      • Jennifer Giacomini
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2005

          I think the letter is fantastic.  It clearly states the issues that I have experienced with OWCP, while providing a feasible inquiry into the problem.  I'm still in the stage of constantly discussing with OWCP my application and why I deserve to be paid for my medical bills; and I've gotten nowhere in about 1 year.  Very frustrating.  So, I will be happy to have my name on that document.

          Thank you for all your effort in completing this!!!

          Jennifer Giacomini
          RPCV Togo '99-'01
          Fraser, CO  80442

          Discover Yahoo!