Re: [owcp] Draft Letter to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections

  • Kurt Corwin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
      Please email me a copy.
      Thanks
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kevin
      Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 9:42 AM
      Subject: [owcp] Draft Letter to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections

      I have emailed copies of the letter to all who have asked.  If anyone
      else would like a copy, please request it from me by email or download
      it from our files area (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/owcp/files/),
      which contains the letter in three different formats (doc, rtf, and
      pdf).

      Please keep in mind that the letter is a rough draft, and I welcome
      comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc.  I'd also like to
      know if you would be willing to sign the letter and, if so, what your
      zip code is.

      Thank you.

      Kevin
      owcp-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2005
        Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
        planning to sign the letter?

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:

        > Here's my zip code 01571
        > jan williams
      • Heidi Fassnacht
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
          kevin,

          i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
          05055, adding another state to the list.

          one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
          second quick lookover of the letter, is something
          about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
          to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
          they may have approved your request, but you would
          never know about it because they don't tell you; you
          have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
          have been told that i have been approved for coverage
          or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
          on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
          me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
          gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
          once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
          examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
          was still authorized for medical compensation. i
          realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
          phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
          needless to say, this is not a very empowering
          position.

          enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...

          heidi

          "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

          Yahoo! Sports
          http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
            Am I the only one who got a nurse to help with my
            rehabilitation? She has been the interface between me and
            the OWCP. I got a letter when my claim was approved.
            About a month after my CA-7 was approved and I got my
            compensation check, I got a call from the OWCP saying they
            were assigning a nurse to me. She has been hugely
            helpful. I assumed that getting a nurse was just standard
            procedure. Perhaps that is only the case because I am
            completely unable to work? -- Felicia

            > kevin,
            >
            > i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
            > 05055, adding another state to the list.
            >
            > one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
            > second quick lookover of the letter, is something
            > about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
            > to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
            > they may have approved your request, but you would
            > never know about it because they don't tell you; you
            > have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
            > have been told that i have been approved for coverage
            > or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
            > on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
            > me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
            > gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
            > once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
            > examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
            > was still authorized for medical compensation. i
            > realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
            > phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
            > needless to say, this is not a very empowering
            > position.
            >
            > enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...
            >
            > heidi
            >
            > "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what
            > we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John
            > Sawhill

          • Janice Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20 5:26 AM
              Jan Williams

              > Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
              > planning to sign the letter?
              >
              > --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:
              >
              >> Here's my zip code 01571
              >> jan williams