Draft Letter to the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
      I have emailed copies of the letter to all who have asked. If anyone
      else would like a copy, please request it from me by email or download
      it from our files area (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/owcp/files/),
      which contains the letter in three different formats (doc, rtf, and
      pdf).

      Please keep in mind that the letter is a rough draft, and I welcome
      comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. I'd also like to
      know if you would be willing to sign the letter and, if so, what your
      zip code is.

      Thank you.

      Kevin
      owcp-owner@yahoogroups.com
    • Kurt Corwin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
        Please email me a copy.
        Thanks
        I have emailed copies of the letter to all who have asked.  If anyone
        else would like a copy, please request it from me by email or download
        it from our files area (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/owcp/files/),
        which contains the letter in three different formats (doc, rtf, and
        pdf).

        Please keep in mind that the letter is a rough draft, and I welcome
        comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc.  I'd also like to
        know if you would be willing to sign the letter and, if so, what your
        zip code is.

        Thank you.

        Kevin
        owcp-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 26, 2005
          Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
          planning to sign the letter?

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:

          > Here's my zip code 01571
          > jan williams
        • Heidi Fassnacht
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
            kevin,

            i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
            05055, adding another state to the list.

            one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
            second quick lookover of the letter, is something
            about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
            to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
            they may have approved your request, but you would
            never know about it because they don't tell you; you
            have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
            have been told that i have been approved for coverage
            or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
            on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
            me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
            gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
            once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
            examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
            was still authorized for medical compensation. i
            realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
            phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
            needless to say, this is not a very empowering
            position.

            enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...

            heidi

            "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

            Yahoo! Sports
            http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
              Am I the only one who got a nurse to help with my
              rehabilitation? She has been the interface between me and
              the OWCP. I got a letter when my claim was approved.
              About a month after my CA-7 was approved and I got my
              compensation check, I got a call from the OWCP saying they
              were assigning a nurse to me. She has been hugely
              helpful. I assumed that getting a nurse was just standard
              procedure. Perhaps that is only the case because I am
              completely unable to work? -- Felicia

              > kevin,
              >
              > i would be willing to sign this letter. my zip is
              > 05055, adding another state to the list.
              >
              > one thing that might be nice to add, just upon a
              > second quick lookover of the letter, is something
              > about OWCPs profound inadequacy in not only responding
              > to requests, but letting us know what is going on.
              > they may have approved your request, but you would
              > never know about it because they don't tell you; you
              > have to call. it has been very rare indeed that i
              > have been told that i have been approved for coverage
              > or gotten authorization (or that they needed more info
              > on a form i sent in, for that matter). it was up to
              > me to call and find out for myself. i have rarely
              > gotten anything in writing saying i was authorized and
              > once, when they changed claims examiners on me, my new
              > examiner said she couldn't find any evidence that i
              > was still authorized for medical compensation. i
              > realized that i had nothing in my possesion but my
              > phone notes to prove that i had authorization.
              > needless to say, this is not a very empowering
              > position.
              >
              > enough said for now. hope that helps. stay cool...
              >
              > heidi
              >
              > "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what
              > we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John
              > Sawhill

            • Janice Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 20, 2005
                Jan Williams

                > Since you've provided me with your zip code, may I assume that you're
                > planning to sign the letter?
                >
                > --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Janice Williams <therifi@m...> wrote:
                >
                >> Here's my zip code 01571
                >> jan williams