Re: Kevin Quigley's email

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2005

      I agree, especially since the goals of this Yahoo! group also
      include system-wide change.

      The ball is in his court since I have invited him to join our
      group. I will not subscribe him to this group without his
      permission, however.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@a... wrote:

      > Given his response [below], we should keep him informed, I think.

      > Subj: RE: disabled RPCV
      > Date: 6/15/2005 12:04:49 PM Eastern Standard Time
      > From: kevin@r...
      > To: FourDirect@a...
      >
      > Thank you for your email. I am sorry for your illness and that we
      haven’t
      > been very helpful. It is very difficult for us to work on
      individual cases.
      > Instead, we have been pressing Peace Corps on system issues, e.g.
      working with
      > Congress to legislate an office of ombudsman so that RPCVs like
      you have a
      > place to go to address your issues because we know DoL is
      unresponsive. Kevin Q.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2005

        A couple of asides to message 161:

        In addition to inviting Mr. Quigley, I have forwarded a couple of
        messages from this Yahoo! Group to him so that he can see for himself
        that several of us would like him to join and participate. I'm trying
        to be persuasive without being obnoxious (I know I don't like having
        my inbox cluttered with unwanted emails).

        If NPCA were to actively pursue the issue of poor service that we
        receive from PCMO, OWCP, ACS, etc., then I would probably rejoin the
        association. I didn't let my membership lapse over workers'
        compensation issues, but having some help in that arena would be a
        tangible enough benefit for me to reach for my checkbook.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2005

          So glad that you have sent KQ some of our emails.