Recent Successes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      Heidi and Nancy have both reported recent successes in their dealings
      with OWCP. I too am happy to report some success after a 2+ year battle
      with the agency. OWCP has finally authorized additional acupuncture
      treaments for my condition and promised to reimburse me for most of my
      out-of-pocket medical expenses. As an aside, my Senator and I are not
      giving up, however, until OWCP reimburses me for ALL of my expenses.

      Call me cynical, but I cannot help but wonder if the OIG investigation
      has caused OWCP to clean up its files, revisit contested decisions, etc,
      thus making it a bit easier for us to get what is owed to us. Granted,
      the agency is not the target of the investigation--scofflaw RPCVs are--
      but if the IG of Peace Corps were to uncover glaring errors and
      irregularities on the part of OWCP, then he might (and should!) report
      the problems to the IG of the Dept. of Labor.