Re: Venting

  • owcp2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2004
      Heidi,

      Thanks for your note--and support.

      I've worked with Senators and Representatives in Western Washington
      (Seattle area), Eastern Washingon, Illinois (Chicago area), and now in
      New Hampshire. Some case workers have been very good; others only
      fair.

      Like you, I prefer to be proactive. Right now, I can't get a response
      from either OWCP or its contractor (ACS). The case worker in my
      Representative's office has asked me to let her take care of the
      matter. Maybe I'm impatient or feel that I have less control since I'm
      not actively advocating for myself. I think the latter has a lot to do
      with my frustration.

      I have already gently prodded my case worker. That's tricky since I
      don't want to alienate the only person who is currently working on my
      behalf.

      Yesterday, I received a "Remittance Voucher" from ACS for an
      acupuncture treatment that I received in January. I was pleased to see
      that I'm scheduled to receive full reimbursement for that treatment.
      The puzzling part is that ACS has in the past denied all or part of the
      charges for acupuncture even though my physician filed the claim
      exactly the same way each time!

      Kevin