OWCP

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
      Sue,

      I'm in the midst of being really sick this week and not clear headed but I have some thoughts for you if you can give me a couple of days. I always freak out when they try to close my case and they never do. Half of what they threaten never transpires but this is part of what I want to address publicly because it is tremendously abusive and people need to know this. I slipped in my work to get radio and other awareness since I got so sick, myself.

      Let me think about this for you. I have never found legal help helpful and I think you can do more on your own. I contacted the Natl RPCV office in DC again to put another ad in the quarterly .org magazine and wanted to list our new group address in it since that's how I found most of you. Is that okay with everyone? Really, the NBC woman last year wanted to do a public expose on this, which would really help but I can't seem to feel well enough to get my act together here. I'm a little new-ish in NY but I do have folks at non-profits with good left wing journalist contacts if we also want to go that route.

      In brief in a feverish unclear state I think that if you keep photocopying and resending whatever documentation you have in to the USDOL that they really CAN'T close your case. Getting bills paid is yet another matter.

      More soon.

      Nancy Tongue
    • owcp2004
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004

        It's good to see you on the board.

        I think adding the link for this Yahoo Group to the NPCA ad is a great
        idea. The best web address to use is probably:

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@a... wrote:
        > Sue,
        >
        > I'm in the midst of being really sick this week and not clear headed but I
        > have some thoughts for you if you can give me a couple of days. I always freak
        > out when they try to close my case and they never do. Half of what they
        > threaten never transpires but this is part of what I want to address publicly because
        > it is tremendously abusive and people need to know this. I slipped in my work
        > to get radio and other awareness since I got so sick, myself.
        >
        > Let me think about this for you. I have never found legal help helpful and I
        > think you can do more on your own. I contacted the Natl RPCV office in DC
        > again to put another ad in the quarterly .org magazine and wanted to list our new
        > group address in it since that's how I found most of you. Is that okay with
        > everyone? Really, the NBC woman last year wanted to do a public expose on this,
        > which would really help but I can't seem to feel well enough to get my act
        > together here. I'm a little new-ish in NY but I do have folks at non-profits with
        > good left wing journalist contacts if we also want to go that route.
        >
        > In brief in a feverish unclear state I think that if you keep photocopying
        > and resending whatever documentation you have in to the USDOL that they really
        > CAN'T close your case. Getting bills paid is yet another matter.
        >
        > More soon.
        >
        > Nancy Tongue
      • Sherri
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2007
          Is this a group that I can get advise on DOL OWCP. I was injured and
          need some input
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hi Sherri,

            There are a lot of people here (mostly former Peace Corps Volunteers)
            who have had a lot of experience dealing with OWCP. We would be happy
            to try to help you out.

            Kevin