hi

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2004
      Hey,

      Is anybody still out there in our group?! Let's work to keep this active.

      Best,
      Nancy Tongue
    • susan murray
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 13, 2004

        I plan to remain active in the group.

        Sue

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 15, 2004

          I'm still here.

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 15, 2004
              I am interested as well.

               Bob Moyer
          • Heidi Fassnacht
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 17, 2004
              i'm still here too. i just moved again though, so
              will continue to have a fairly low profile for a few
              more weeks. let's keep this listserve going.
              hopefully once i get settled, i can be of more help.
              kevin, FYI - i'm back in the upper valley.

              heidi
              --- Kevin <rpcv@...> wrote:

              > I'm still here.

              =====
              "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 18, 2004
                Heidi,

                Yes, I've missed you. My father is in ICU and we are just going day by day. Life has been hard. I really want to get back to all this and bring it to the fore re: public awareness and get my old press contacts back at this topic,

                Good luck with the move.
                Nancy
              • Roger L
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                  need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "
                • Kurt Corwin
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009

                    Give this a try:

                    http://systems.acs-shc.com/DOL-PROD-DOC/CQS_Training_Document.pdf

                    need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "

                  • Roger Landry
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                      I had lost my favorites and can find the link to loge in to OWCP injured while serving ; my PC HD drive crashed and none of mt searches got me to the site i was looking for ,found a log on and it did not except my e-mail address so it has been use for over 3 years on OWCP sites and "Injured while serving" Felicia Kennedy was my contact on that site

                      Roger D. Landry
                      colbyroger@...
                      8565 Sugar Pine Place
                      Tomball, TX 77375

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009

                        To all of you,

                        I was injured in 1971 in India. I made the mistake once, back in 1980 or so, of not reminding them who I was for too long a period of time. They put my records into the archive too and it was a hell of a lot of trouble getting them out. I have no idea how it got done and since it’s been 30 years the procedure was used to de-archive my records the methodology is undoubtedly different now.

                        Since then I’ve knocked on the OWCP door about every year or year and a half by having the residual damage re-evaluated and billed to them. In the past 30 years my records have never been archived.

                        I have an infectious bug in my femur as a result of my injury and it does need some pretty extensive medical treatment every ten or 15 years, so it’s important to me to knock on the door routinely and let them know that I’m still around.

                        Kurt Corwin

                        RPCV

                        India-109

                        Tonga-16

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                          we did have a web site call OWCP injured while serving that handed them issues if you know of Felisha Kennedy she runs that site and can help you get to the right place That is why i am trying to get the web address or her to fix my not bong able to get on there site ;
                          Her is a number you can call it may help ;; Post-service Unit call center 1-800-424-8580 ex 540 try to get a live person or leave you name and reason you called

                          Roger D. Landry
                          colbyroger@...
                          8565 Sugar Pine Place
                          Tomball, TX 77375

                          I had lost my favorites and can find the link to loge in to OWCP injured while serving ; my PC HD drive crashed and none of mt searches got me to the site i was looking for ,found a log on and it did not except my e-mail address so it has been use for over 3 years on OWCP sites and "Injured while serving" Felicia Kennedy was my contact on that site

                          Roger D. Landry
                          colbyroger@yahoo. com
                          8565 Sugar Pine Place
                          Tomball, TX 77375

                          need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                            I think you are looking for http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/
                            -- Felicia

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                              I am looking for the web site   OWCP injured while serving  run by Felicia Kennedy

                              Roger D. Landry
                              colbyroger@...
                              8565 Sugar Pine Place
                              Tomball, TX 77375

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                                It isn't related to the OWCP. It is a site for returned
                                Peace Corps volunteers called "Peace Corps Connect". I
                                don't run it. I just started a group there. -- Felicia

                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                                  Kevin, et al,

                                  I got sick back in 1982 with a complicated thing and have been dealing with the USDOL/Peace Corps since then. I recently had an issue and amazingly enough I actually had pretty good success communicating with:
                                  Linda Donnelly, RN,
                                  Manager Post Service Unit
                                  Office of Medical Services
                                  Peace Corps
                                  1111 20th St.,
                                  Washington, DC 20526
                                  fax: 202-692-1541

                                  800-424-8580 x 1540 and then you press option 7 and then you get the Post Service Unit and you can ask for her directly. There is also a "case manager" there named Venice Rashford but I've never dealt with her. I'm not sure of the actual role of a case manager since in my day there was no such position.

                                  I was also able to get archived non-digital information accessed by them. If you or anyone needs to get help with dealing with the system of with getting back into the system I feel that she is the one to go to at the moment.

                                  Good luck and happy holidays, everyone!

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013

                                    have a look at this http://bit.ly/X4umN1

                                    Andrew