321Re: [owcp] Re: Vocational rehab

    Nov 14, 2006
      I have not yet gotten to the retraining part of the
      program, but my impression is that they want to give you
      the least amount of training that you'll need to get a
      job. One of my dad's friends was in either the same or a
      similar program. He was no longer able to work as a PHD
      in electrical engineering (because of problems with his
      hands), and they wanted to retrain him as a barber. If
      you have a specific job that you think you should be
      trained for (and a good argument as to how it is
      equivalent to your previous job), you will probably have
      better luck getting that training than if you tell them
      that you want to go to a 2 year school. If you go into a
      vocational training program at a community college, you
      might be able to squeeze in the other classes.

      Good luck! -- Felicia