313Re: [owcp] Re: letter

  • Kaericsson@cs.com
    Sep 21 11:18 AM
      In Minnesota, the only insurance that someone who has developed a mental disorder(such as I have) can get is through the MN Comprehensive Health Program, which is now administered through Medica. It is the most pricey insurance in Minnesota, though a little less so if you don't inhale tobacco.

      In my case OWCP covers all my psychiatric services (office visits, hospitalization, meds and lab work) and Medica does co-pay on the rest (annual physicals, etc -- anything not directly related to my Peace Corps disability.) Medica might also do co-pay on the Peace Corps disability, but OWCP is comprehensive there, it just is cumbersome and works like a bear.

      Anyway, in the end OWCP has always come through. I have been in the OWCP system for 18 years -- you just have to hang in there and "don't panic."
      What can you do, all health insurance agencies often goof up.

      I know that not everyone "has it so good." Other states have different insurance systems.

      Good luck.

      Kriste