311Re: [owcp] Re: letter

  • Heidi Fassnacht
    Sep 21, 2006
      when i've been between things, i've applied for short
      term major medical. i was told if i applied for any
      kind of regular insurance, i would only be accepted
      with riders, which would basically black list me for
      the future. usually you can get short term stuff that
      can be renewed a couple times. i doesn't covered
      regular stuff (probably whatever expenses you have
      assoc with your PC injury/illness) but would cover you
      in the event of a big accident.

      i tried applying for SSD not too long after i returned
      home. the process is long and i was told that pretty
      much everyone is denied first time round. so it
      likely depends on how much time you have to deal with
      this.

      heidi

      > Speaking of insurance, what do people on this list
      > do for
      > insurance? My husband is going to be changing jobs
      > and
      > will be losing his benefits. Should I apply for SSD
      > or
      > something? -- Felicia

      "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy." John Sawhill

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic