Re: [overthockey] Play this Saturday?

  • lewis johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2012
      It was a good game.  Glad you made it..

      From: Sam Bernstein <skbernstein@...>
      Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:10 AM
      To: David Perlin <davepi@...>
      Subject: Re: [overthockey] Play this Saturday?

      Thanks for having me out for my first time! I had a blast. Reminded me of playing in the street growing up. Let's do it again soon!

      It did drizzle at my house in Wallingford, but the ground has now dried.  It looks dry on traffic cams a few blocks from the school yard so I'm heading up to Olympic View now.
      Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:13 AM
      Ground is a little wet in north Seattle right now...it is drying.  Might be better round 11.  I'll head up there early and let you guys know surface conditions.

      From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      From: mannyman_9@...
      Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 05:13:51 +0000

      I'm in, weather permitting

      To: hockeyman_102@...; overthockey@yahoogroups.com
      From: lewis@...
      Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:47:16 -0700

      I might be down to put on the asphalt wheels.  I will try to rally some troops.  Who else is in?

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8, 2012
        I was just forwarded this article about Seattle hockey: http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/2012/06/07/meet-cy-wilson-seattles-86-year-old-hockey-player/
        Some of the players, I recognized from lunch hockey in Kent. Tim, I didn't see a shot of you in there? Looks like

        I'm out for awhile, the MRI came back as a torn medial Meniscus. Waiting to schedule surgery. I'll come watch until I can play again, or just wrap my knee really good. The nets are at my house.

        Don't know if you guys know, but Olympic View playground is going to be ton up this summer: Geothermal construction begins at Olympic View Elementary http://www.mapleleaflife.com/2012/06/03/geothermal-construction-begins-at-olympic-view-elementary/. They've closed off only part of the playground right now, beyond the playing area but the whole thing will be closed later this month.

        Hope to come out if the weather's good this Saturday.

        Have fun.