Last Wednesday Night Game

  • patdolan@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
      Fellow OVERT roller hockey payers, I hope this email finds you all well.  It's Labor Day, a day that my father taught me to regard with the deepest suspicion.  But even though I am bourgeoisie, I have only the highest regard for my proletarian roller hockey brethren.  It is in this spirit of unity then, that I sadly announce the end of summer, and the last Wednesday night OVERT roller hockey game.  It cannot be helped. Due to conditions beyond OVERT's control the sun is setting much earlier, and I am informed that it will continue to do so for several more months.  I encourage every man-jack of you to take advantage of the last mid week out of doors roller hockey tilt of the '07 season.

      Wednesday precisely at sixish o'clock in the evening.

      Saturday games continue as usual until all the leaves have fallen from the trees.
    • patdolan@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        Yes John, you will see me there tonight.  Another summer of roller hockey come and gone.  To me, the last Wednesday night game is always emblematic of a loss at some deep level.  Tonight is so important to me that I have pushed back one date, and canceled another one (does anyone really believe this?).   And for you, John, it means a return to changing diapers all winter long.  I hope I break my blade on the last shot of the night.
        From: "SideShow John" <johncalian@...>

        > Pat, I will see you there tonight! Old time hockey, eh?
        >
        > John 'doesnt get to play enough' Calian
        >
        > --- In overthockey@yahoogroups.com, patdolan@... wrote:
        > >
        > > Fellow OVERT roller hockey payers, I hope this email finds you all
        > well. It's Labor Day, a day that my father taught me to regard with
        > the deepest suspicion. But even though I am bourgeoisie, I have only
        > the highest regard for my proletarian roller hockey brethren. It is
        > in this spirit of unity then, that I sadly announce the end of summer,
        > and the last Wednesday night OVERT roller hockey game. It cannot be
        > helped. Due to conditions beyond OVERT's control the sun is setting
        > much earlier, and I am informed tha t it will continue to do so for
        > several more months. I encourage every man-jack of you to take
        > advantage of the last mid week out of doors roller hockey tilt of the
        > '07 season.
        > >
        > > Wednesday precisely at sixish o'clock in the evening.
        > >
        > > Saturday games continue as usual until all the leaves have fallen
        > from the trees.

      • Chris Oleson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
          I have arranged to have the US Air Force fly a nuclear weapon at low altitude over the OVERT grounds as a tribute to the weekday season gone by.

          From: "SideShow John" <johncalian@...>