4th of July Roller Hockey

  • patdolan@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      It is a little known historical fact that many of our founding fathers were avid roller hockey players.  Thomas Jefferson wrote extensively on the left wing lock and several other back checking strategies.  George Washington crossed the ice choked Delaware at night only because the troops could no longer see the pucks used in the many pond hockey games that were played on that fateful day.  It is meet then, that OVERT should honor the 4th with a roller hockey game.  Come out and work up an appetite for the afternoon barbecue (and get away from the crowd at the house).  I'm bringing sparklers for the nets and pin wheels for the toes of my skates.  If Dusty is around, maybe he can blow something up again.

      Wed., 4th of July, 10:00 AM, Olympic View Elementary playground (half hour earlier)