Re: [OLmws] Display Problems

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2007
      Brent,

      To show nothing but your own table markup that was loaded into OLresponseAJAX, make the overlib call:

      overlib(OLresponseAJAX, FULLHTML, . . .)

      with the FULLHTML command followed by STICKY if you want that, and any positioning commands you want to use.

      If you do use STICKY with FULLHTML, then your table should include its own markup for closing the popup, via:

      onmouseover="cClick();"

      or

      onclick="cClick(); return false;"

      Alternatively, you can use:

      overlib(OLresponseAJAX, STICKY, WIDTH,10,
       BGCOLOR,'', BORDER,0,
       FGCOLOR,'', TEXTPADDING,0,
      CAPTION,' ', . . .);"

      to have an overlib-generated caption with a close link above your table (or below it if you use CAPBELOW).  The WIDTH parameter should be set to a small but non-zero value such that the width of your table will always be greater than that.  Setting BGCOLOR and FGCOLOR to null strings makes them transparent, which solves the main problem in what you are trying to do  You could include CGCOLOR and CLOSECOLOR commands if you want to change those from the default white on "purple" (that default background is supposed to be a dark blue  :<), and CAPCOLOR if you use a visible caption string.  If you use CSS to set the overlib-generated caption colors and backgrounds, include the equivalent rules.

      If any display problem(s) remain, show us an example of your table markup, and the overlib call you are using, so we can try to figure out what is causing it(them).

      Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:21 PM
      Subject: [OLmws] Display Problems

      Hello,

      First off let me say that your library is simply amazing! And thank you very much!

      My problem is with the way the AJAX popup appears, and probably has something to do with the way I'm using the CSS elements.

      My popup shows the correct data(labels and text), but it has the purple border and purple background overriding my background.  The AJAX call returns a table with a background image that I want to be the popup.  So what I want to do is simply get rid of all default style and let just the html that I am getting via AJAX show.  How do I do this?

      Thanks alot!
      Brent
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2007
        Brent,

        Note that I'm assuming your tables set their widths via a width attribute or via CSS, so that the small, non-zero value of the WIDTH command's parameter in the overlib call will be overridden across tables of different but greater widths.  Otherwise, that parameter must be equal to the intended width of a table.  For the latter case, with the most recent version of ajaxcontentmws.js, you can pass arguments (i.e., in this case the value for the WIDTH parameter) to the function in the OLgetAJAX or OLpostAJAX call.  See:

        Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:08 PM
        Subject: Re: [OLmws] Display Problems

        [snip]
        Alternatively, you can use:

        overlib(OLresponseAJAX, STICKY, WIDTH,10,
         BGCOLOR,'', BORDER,0,
         FGCOLOR,'', TEXTPADDING,0,
        CAPTION,'&nbsp;', . . .);"

        to have an overlib-generated caption with a close link above your table (or below it if you use CAPBELOW).  The WIDTH parameter should be set to a small but non-zero value such that the width of your table will always be greater than that.
        [snip]
      • Brent Lakatos
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2007
          Hi Fote,

          Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

          Your first post helped me.  However I still have some smaller problems that I would like to fix.

          1-The width of the popup is correct but the height is alway about 25px to tall, and displays a purple stripe on the bottom, underneath my table.
          2-There is a thin purple border around the popup that I would like to remove
          3-I would also like to position the popup closer to the link(it is always in the center of my windo)
          4-I have a javascript error, it is due to the HIDESELECTBOX in my html below, but if I remove that command then the text undefined is visible beside the popup link for a second.

          Here is the command:

          <a name="full" id="full" href="javascript:void(0);" onclick ="return false;"
          onmouseover="return overlib(OLgetAJAX('popuppages/athletepopup.aspx?AthleteID=1', OLcmdExT1,300), FULLHTML,
          STICKY, '', HIDESELECTBOXES,'', '','','','', '',-1, '',-1, '','','');"
          onmouseout ="cClick(); return false;">Scroll over me</a

          I would sent you the html for my popup table but it is all working great, it is a square table width and heigth 175px
          eg

          <

          table style="width: 175px; height: 175px;">MY CONTENT</table>

          I have attached a screenshot of the popup so you will see it more easily.

          Thank you so much for your help!  Unfortuately I am fairly new to javascript and this is very advanced.
          Brent