Re: [OLmws] change background color on modal

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2007
      Erik,

      I add MODALCOLOR and MODALOPACITY commands for changing the color (default is '#bbbbbb') and/or opacity (default is 40) of the shield that is interposed between the document and a MODAL popup, and updated the overlibmws.zip distribution at:

      See the updated MODAL section of the Command Reference:

      for more information and links to demonstrations.

      Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 6:54 AM
      Subject: [OLmws] change background color on modal

      hi there,

      i was wondering if i can change the background color behind a modal-popup box. i can't seem to find it anywhere, am i misreading anything?

      thnx in advance for any reactions.

      regards,
      erik
    • C'est le Flattest Erik
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
        Fote,

        That's very cool. i found the code somewhere deep in
        the javascript, but now there's a nice method for
        changing it and i can leave the original code intact.

        thanks a lot!

        Regards,
        Erik

        http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/commandRef.html#modal

        > for more information and links to demonstrations.

        now.
        http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
          Erik,

          I generally try to include suggestions for improvements into the overlibmws distribution, so that one need not make personal changes in the code and then have to keep making those personal changes when upgrading for any bug fixes.

          Similarly, note that the MODAL command is a toggle, so that if you have more than one such popup in a document, you could include the MODALCOLOR and/or MODALOPACITY styling commands in an OLpageDefaults function call, as discussed in the Introduction of the Command Reference:

          and in the CUSTOMIZATION section of the Getting Started file:

          to set your preferred color and/or opacity for the modal shield as the defaults.  You then can include the MODAL command for the popups which you want to be modal, without need to include the lengthy styling commands in the overlib calls.