Overlib in JSF

  • Dixit, Nilesh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2007

      Hi

      I am trying to use overLib in a JSF command tag with onclick. For some reason I am not getting a pop up, parameter string in overLib is shown as a div instead of a pop up.

      Here is what I am doing

      <h:commandButton styleClass="inputButton" id="viewLogButton" action="#{portalSettingsUIMgr.viewLog}" value="View Log" onclick="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10, RELY, -40, FGCOLOR, '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1, CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial', TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400); return false; "/>

      Also I have an action method to handle Onclick and get the text to display in overlib popup

      Anybody knows how I get this popup (not sure if jsf is a problem here).

      Thanks,

      Nilesh

    • dioper1973
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2007
        --- In overlibmws@yahoogroups.com, "Dixit, Nilesh" <Nilesh_Dixit@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        >

        > I am trying to use overLib in a JSF command tag with onclick. For some
        > reason I am not getting a pop up, parameter string in overLib is shown
        > as a div instead of a pop up.
        >

        > Here is what I am doing
        >

        > <h:commandButton styleClass="inputButton" id="viewLogButton"
        > action="#{portalSettingsUIMgr.viewLog}" value="View Log"
        > onclick="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10, RELY, -40, FGCOLOR,
        > '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1, CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial',
        > TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400); return false; "/>
        >

        > Also I have an action method to handle Onclick and get the text to
        > display in overlib popup
        >

        > Anybody knows how I get this popup (not sure if jsf is a problem here).
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Nilesh

        Try the following javascript to launch the overlib window
        nclick="return false;" onmousedown="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10,
        RELY, -40, FGCOLOR, '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1,
        CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial', TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400);
        return false; "/>

        I have not had any problems with JSF and overlib.
        I can not say exactly why this works but I had the same issue and
        found onmousedown solves the issue with ie but it works both ways with
        firefox. By the way JSF and sitemesh do not work that well together
        by default if you ever hit that scenario.
      • Dixit, Nilesh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2007
          Thanks, I am still not getting this work but will continue trying.

          Another question I had was, how do I get the scroll bar working inside
          the overlib popup? I want to keep popup height fix. As soon as the text
          goes beyond its limit, it should add a scrollbar instead of expanding
          the overlib popup.

          Appreciate your help.

          > I am trying to use overLib in a JSF command tag with onclick. For some
          > reason I am not getting a pop up, parameter string in overLib is shown
          > as a div instead of a pop up.
          >

          > Here is what I am doing
          >

          > <h:commandButton styleClass="inputButton" id="viewLogButton"
          > action="#{portalSettingsUIMgr.viewLog}" value="View Log"
          > onclick="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10, RELY, -40, FGCOLOR,
          > '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1, CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial',
          > TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400); return false; "/>
          >

          > Also I have an action method to handle Onclick and get the text to
          > display in overlib popup
          >

          > Anybody knows how I get this popup (not sure if jsf is a problem
          here).

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Nilesh

          Try the following javascript to launch the overlib window
          nclick="return false;" onmousedown="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10,
          RELY, -40, FGCOLOR, '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1,
          CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial', TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400);
          return false; "/>

          I have not had any problems with JSF and overlib.
          I can not say exactly why this works but I had the same issue and
          found onmousedown solves the issue with ie but it works both ways with
          firefox. By the way JSF and sitemesh do not work that well together
          by default if you ever hit that scenario.

          OLmws Support Pages:
          http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/
          OLmws Group's Purpose:

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2007
            The support document for setting up popups with scrollbars is:

            Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 1:12 PM
            Subject: RE: [OLmws] Re: Overlib in JSF

            Thanks, I am still not getting this work but will continue trying.

            Another question I had was, how do I get the scroll bar working inside the overlib popup? I want to keep popup height fix. As soon as the text goes beyond its limit, it should add a scrollbar instead of expanding the overlib popup.

            Appreciate your help.

            > I am trying to use overLib in a JSF command tag with onclick. For some
            > reason I am not getting a pop up, parameter string in overLib is shown
            > as a div instead of a pop up.
            >
            > Here is what I am doing
            >
            > <h:commandButton styleClass="inputButton" id="viewLogButton"
            > action="#{portalSettingsUIMgr.viewLog}" value="View Log"
            > onclick="overlib('agreementpage', RELX, 10, RELY, -40, FGCOLOR,
            > '#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR, '#000000', BORDER, 1, CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial',
            > TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 400); return false; "/>
            >
            > Also I have an action method to handle Onclick and get the text to
            > display in overlib popup
            >
            > Anybody knows how I get this popup (not sure if jsf is a problem here).
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Nilesh

            Try the following javascript to launch the overlib window
            nclick="return false;" onmousedown="overlib('agreementpage', RELX,10, RELY,-40, FGCOLOR,'#F0F8FC', BGCOLOR,'#000000', BORDER,1, CAPTIONFONT,'Arial', TEXTFONT,'Arial', TEXTSIZE,2, WIDTH,400); return false; "/>