Re: [OLmws] Ajax charset

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 5:51 PM
      Gueste,

      AJAX assumes that you are using utf-8 for internationalization.  If you are using something else, you should set up your server to indicated the charset and not only the MIME type in the Content-Type header for its reply to the AJAX request.  For example, if you are using php and returning text/plain in Greek with the iso-8859-7 charset, you would use:

      <?php
      header('Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-7');
      . . .
      ?>

      If you are returning an XML document (rather than text/plain or text/html), you also indicate its charset via the encoding attribute in its XML declaration.

      Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:48 PM
      Subject: [OLmws] Ajax charset

      Hi all!

      Could you please tell me if it is possible to set a charset when AJAX is used for the overlibs?

      thx alot

      greetings, gueste
    • stefan.guendhoer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27 12:06 AM
        Hi, Fote!

        It works for me now, thank you very much again!