[OLmws] Re: I think I found a little bug?

  • daffie_noname
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2007
      Hi Fote,

      I have never used MODAL-popups before, and I thought that it was the
      same sort of popup as I was testing before.
      I was happy to do the testing. If you want me to some more testing in
      the future, please email me. :)
      Your software is much appreciated.

      Daffie

      > Daffie,
      >
      > The MODAL popups are STICKY, i.e., they are closed via their "Close"
      link, not onmouseout from the elements which invoke them. Also, once
      any MODAL popup has been invoked, no other primary popup can be
      invoked until that one is closed. That's all working as intended,
      though you might wish to review the STICKY and MODAL commands in the
      support documents and Command Reference.

      > But the important observation in your feedback is that the iframe
      shim for Firefox on Linux is not reliable across flavors of X-terminal
      for that browser and platform combo. In contrast, the iframe shim for
      IE on MS Windows is 100% reliable. I guess that's not really
      surprising because the iframe shim is a documented feature for IE
      since its v5.5 upgrade, and thus is checked by MS for each subsequent
      upgrade of that browser. Conversely, the iframe shim for Firefox is
      NOT a documented (intentional) feature. It "just happens" to serve as
      a workaround for the present lack of Firefox support for flash
      windowless mode with Linux X-terminals under some (but we now know not
      all) circumstances, plus there is no guarantee that it will continue
      to work in Firefox upgrades because it's not something which the
      Firefox developers check. So my predisposition is to back out those
      mods, and just wait for the Firefox developers to succeed in getting
      flash windowless mode to work with Linux X-terminals.

      > Again, thanks for your feedback. It was worth giving that
      workaround a shot, even though it didn't prove fully adequate.

      working as it is suppost to. See my image
      (http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/overlibmws/photos/view/c620?b=2).

      > The event mouseover is taking very long (about 3-5 seconds) before
      the popunder is shown. The following onmouseout does not work and the
      popunder does not disappear. Any other onmouseover events do not work
      any more. :(

      > If you want me to test again you can also contact me at daffie at
      fluffies dot org. This is most off the time a lot quicker. :)