Close popup on clicking of link

  • ssmattson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2006
      Hi Fote,

      I'm a JS novice and having a little trouble getting the desired
      behavior.
      I have a link that invokes an overlib popup that loads an external
      html file using the object method. In that file are links which
      open yet another document. What I would like to do is have the
      popup close when a user clicks on a link which opens a new document,
      it would be like how the calendar would work if clicking on a date
      actually opened up a new browser window (document) but still closed
      itself.

      Here's the code for the popup:
      ...<li><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="overlib('<object
      data=\'object_popup.html\' id=\'ID\' width=\'370\' height=\'140
      \' '+'type=\'text/html\'></object>', STICKY, TEXTPADDING,
      0, CAPTIONPADDING, 1, CAPTION, 'Document Caption', BORDER, 0, WRAP,
      SCROLL, CLOSECLICK, CLOSETEXT, closeimg, EXCLUSIVE,
      HIDESELECTBOXES ); return false;">Open popup</a></li>...

      And for the link that should close the popup and open a new document:

      I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks Fote.

      S.