Re: [OLmws] Status Line Message Appears Inconsistently For PopupsWithLinks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 4:47 AM
      Craig,

      I'm glad that you were able to sort it out.  What with 79 core commands associated with the overlibmws.js core module, plus another 49 commands via the various plug-in modules for a present total of 128, it is virtually impossible to remember it all, and I guess does require periodic review of the Command Reference and support documents.  Plus I regularly update that material in relation to issues which come up (plus have a long list of "update issues" on my to do list  :<).

      Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 6:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [OLmws] Status Line Message Appears Inconsistently For PopupsWithLinks

      Foteos,

      Thank you for the help.  Its been awhile since I read the documentation. You were exactly right about my inconsistent use, and I had scanned the .js modules with 'findstr'' to look for the text message.   I'm not sure why it missed it.   Your facility is neat.   Thanks again.

      Craig

      Foteos Macrides <fote@...> wrote:
      Craig,

      That is the default status line message for sticky popups that are exclusive.  It requires that you import the overlibmws_exclusiv e.js plug-in module, and include the EXCLUSIVE command for a primary popup that uses the STICKY command, which you apparently are doing in an inconsistent manner and perhaps without realizing it.  You would be well advised to read the information about the STICKY, EXCLUSIVE, EXCLUSIVESTATUS, and EXCLUSIVEOVERRIDE commands in Section 3 of the Command Reference:

      Also make sure that you have read the Getting Started support document:

      as well as the support document for sticky popups:

      which illustrates an appropriate use of EXCLUSIVE -- in that example, for a popup which offers Google searches -- and does not include the EXCLUSIVE command in its other examples.

      Feel free to post here again if you still have problems after reading the relevant documentation and support material.  As in the past, I encourage you to include a URL for a document which illustrates the problem(s) you are having.