Unusual Windows error.

  • Walter Conti
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site
      http://127.0.0.1/...
      Operation Aborted

      My page creates an errorMsg variable at some point which I am capturing
      at the very end of the page with

      <script>
      overlib
      ('<cfoutput>#errorMsg#</cfoutput>',SHADOW,SHADOWX,3,SHADOWY,3,WIDTH,360,
      TEXTFONTCLASS,'oltxtw10',STICKY,MIDX,0,MIDY,0,TEXTPADDING,5,FGCOLOR,'b86
      35c');
      </script>

      At this point the page has completely loaded, but it looks like this
      last overlib call wants to reload the page and windows cannot do it.
      I close the window error message and effectively the browser show the
      standard error "This page cannot be displayed". More weird is the fact
      that at this point the URL displayed is absolutely correct and nicely
      formed.
      If I comment out the script everything is fine, no errors, and there
      are various overlib calls in the page working fine.

      I usually put error message response at the end of the page but I have
      tried to move the script in the exact spot where the errorVariable is
      created, but I get the same windows error.

      Ever seen something like this?
      Greetings
      WalterConti